The SKETCH Foundation grants focus on compelling needs of children and youth that have sustainable solutions that better their lives now and as they become adults.
The SKETCH Foundation looks for the following in its consideration to make a grant:
- Programs that will make a measurable difference
- Programs that are collaborative or will multiply the Foundation’s gift
- Organizations/institutions that will not rely on continued dependence from the Foundation
- Organizations/institutions that are consistent with the mission of the Foundation
- Organizations/institutions that have a history of good management and financial condition
Qualification and Program Limitations
Grants are usually awarded for a specified period. Limited multi-year grants are given but the Foundation generally does not approve grants on a continuing annual basis.
The foundation supports qualified tax-exempt charitable organizations in Southern California and limited pre-determined locations. Grants tend to be project based. The Foundation does not fund
- Religious Groups
- Individuals (except as permitted by the IRS)
- Political campaigns, candidates or organizations involved in these organizations